Lake County Veterans and Family Services Foundation was established to embed 100% free and confidential care for Lake County Veterans, Reservists, Guardsmen and their Families regardless of their discharge status into the community through a network of Veteran volunteers, Veteran peer-to-peer specialists, and critical community resources in order to help Veterans and their families face challenges before, during and after deployments.
All information is 100% confidential.
Our Objectives are:
1. To reduce the time it takes for a warrior to ask for help.
2. To educate families supporting all military personnel through trauma informed care.
3. To raise competency in trauma informed care.
4. To reduce Veteran hospitalizations.
We offer FREE support services to Veterans, active duty service members, Guardsmen, Reservists and their familiy members in a confidential setting.
Veterans, service members and their families are invited to find support for:
- Linkage to benefits
- Sexual trauma
- Post traumatic stress
- Traumatic brain injury
- Grief and loss of those who didn't make it home
- Deployment, re-deployment, discharge and re-integration adjustment issues
- Depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, problems with substance abuse